When it comes to inverters, there are many options and features available. So, which hybrid inverter is the right one for you? That’s what you’re probably asking yourself right now. Each inverter has its own pros and cons. But that doesn’t mean that one of them is better than the other. The correct decision for the best hybrid inverter should be based on your specific needs as an individual or business user. There are different types of commercial and residential properties, each with its own advantages. Depending on where your property is located, a specific type of hybrid inverter may be more efficient or cost-effective than the others. If you’re not sure which inverter is best for you, and what is the solar inverter price in Pakistan? read on for some helpful information about two popular types:
A GoodWe inverter is an electrical device used for converting the alternating current (AC) from the solar panel or grid into direct current (DC) required by the appliances. It is a common practice to use the AC to power your appliances because it is a cheap and readily available source. But with the growing popularity of solar energy, DC has become a common source as well. DC is more efficient as it can be stored in batteries, and there are appliances that can only be powered by DC. A GoodWe inverter is made up of two main parts – a control box and a transformer.
The control box is where all the sensitive components are housed like the microprocessor, transformer, and breakers. The transformer is what changes AC to DC. The transformer is assembled in such a way that it can be adjusted to regulate the power going to the appliances. But the most important parts of the inverter are the microprocessor and the transformer. The microprocessor is what makes sure that the power going to the appliances is regulated and safe from short circuits. Without it, the transformer would burn out since it will transfer more power than it can handle. The transformer is what converts the AC to DC.
Huawei is a well-known electronic company serving electronic services for decades. Huawei comes up with the best hybrid inverters in Pakistan. A hybrid inverter by Huawei is a device that transforms DC power from solar panels or batteries into AC power that can be distributed to the entire household. It will receive the DC power from the solar panels or batteries and then transform it into AC power at a different frequency and voltage through a process called “inverting”. This allows the power to be distributed to the appliances in the household.
Huawei inverters are made up of three main parts – the magnet transformer, the control box, and the circuit breaker. The magnet transformer is what transforms the DC power into AC power. The control box is where all the sensitive components are housed like the microprocessor and the circuit breaker. The circuit breaker is what prevents the power from being distributed to the household when there is a short circuit.
Differences between GoodWe and Huawei inverters
The major difference between a GoodWe and Huawei inverter is the transformer. The transformer of a Huawei inverter is made up of copper wire while the GoodWe inverter uses silicon carbide. In general, copper is a more common material used when making transformers because it is cheaper to acquire and manufacture compared to silicon carbide. However, silicon carbide is more efficient and durable than copper. This means that it will last longer and handle more power than a copper transformer. These advantages make a silicon carbide transformer a better choice for a solar or wind power system.
Another difference between a GoodWe and Huawei inverter is the microprocessor. A GoodWe inverter uses a MOSFET microprocessor while a Huawei inverter uses an IGBT microprocessor, a bipolar transistor. Both of these microprocessors are used in regulating and protecting appliances connected with the inverter. The MOSFET microprocessor has a lower risk of overheating compared to the IGBT microprocessor. This makes it a safer choice for household appliances.
When looking for the inverters for your household or commercial purposes, you firstly look for solar inverter prices in Pakistan. Goodwe On-Grid 10KW SDT-G2 inverter is available a fair range of 170,000 pkr rupees while the Huawei 10KTL hybrid inverter is available at 255,000 pkr rupees. Both of these hybrid inverters are compared above, now it is easy for you to decide which one best suites your needs.
Pros of Huawei inverters
– Silicon carbide transformer: Silicon carbide is more energy efficient and durable than copper. This makes it more efficient and cost-effective in the long run.
– MOSFET microprocessor: MOSFET has a lower risk of overheating compared to IGBT. This makes it safer for household appliances.
Cons of a Huawei inverter
– Expensive: Huawei inverters are more expensive than GoodWe inverters.
– Higher risk of short circuits: The silicon carbide transformer is a more efficient transformer than copper. This means it can handle more power. However, if there is a short circuit, the transformer can overheat and may even catch fire.
Pros of a GoodWe Inverter
– Wide Range of Hybrid Inverters: GoodWe offers a wide range of best solar inverters in Pakistan of different capacities and capabilities for different usage purposes. GoodWe offers the top-notch inverters including the DNS Series, SDT Series, and SDT G2 Series.
– DC Oversizing: GoodWe helps you in DC Oversizing, meaning installing more solar power than your capacity. It saves you money and energy both.
Cons of a GoodWe Inverter
– Larger size: Solar inverters come in two sizes: 1kVA and 2kVA. The 1kVA size is recommended for 1-2 room households while the 2kVA size is recommended for 2-3 room households. A GoodWe inverter is larger in size compared to a Huawei inverter. This means that it may not fit in some household panels.
– Less efficient: GoodWe inverters are less efficient than Huawei inverters.
At the end of the day, it all comes down to your specific needs as an individual or business user. At the same time, GoodWe and Huawei inverters all have their own pros and cons, the correct decision for which hybrid inverters should be based on your specific needs. If you’re not sure which are the best hybrid inverters in Pakistan, read this blog to understand the difference between the two.