Easy Solution to Fix QuickBooks Company File Not Found Error
QuickBooks is leading the way for industrial automated accounting tools and services for quite a while now. It has a strong base in medium to small-business sectors, providing high-quality solutions to its clients. However, its products often face issues due to technical complications or mere human errors, but they take a huge chunk of the user’s productive time. Today, we will talk about one such error- QuickBooks Company File not found.
After many tries on online solutions, if you are still unable to waive off the error and the screen is still showing “QuickBooks Company File could not be found”, for a change, call our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and get expert assistance on the line
QuickBooks Pro Company File not found: Causes or Reasons
Here are the possible causes or reasons for the error- “QuickBooks Pro Company File not found”. Take a look.
- A possible affliction in qbw.tlg file.
- Corrupted QuickBooks data in files.
- The user is using an incorrect QuickBooks version to open the files.
- A possible QuickBooks Update is pending.
- The firewall is denying permission to access the qbw file.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Script Error
QuickBooks Company File Error: Symptoms or Error Messages
While the screen will definitely read the message QuickBooks Company File error, here are a few more error codes that may come up in place of the former.
- The code 3371, indicating damage in QuickBooks installation.
- An HX0X error that can come up with either of these two- H202 or H505.
- C= messages like C=422 or C=343.
- The Unrecoverable error asking to provide more details of the problem.
- An error from 6000 series, for eg. 6123, 6189, 6000 or 6144.
- Error 816 or 99001 failing the login.
QuickBooks Error Code Company File not found: Solution
Here is the solution for the QuickBooks Error Code Company File not found. Try this solution if you have checked all the other possible reasons like a QuickBooks update or firewall permissions, etc.
- Open the folder where the Company file lies.
- Right-click the file and select Properties.
- The File size should be at least 7 MB, and the extension must be of QuickBooks Company File.
- Click on Advance, and verify that Compress and Encrypt attributes are not marked.
- Click OK.
Here comes the end of our blog on QuickBooks Company File not found. We hope that this written piece may help you to understand and get rid of the error as soon as possible. However, if still the Company File not found in QuickBooks Desktop, feel free to contact our support number 1.855.738.2784 and get immediate assistance for your problem.