If the ‘QBDBMgrn not running on this computer’ message appears while you try to switch QuickBooks into multi-user mode, it indicates Windows Firewall is blocking multi-user connection to the server. The other possible reasons behind this Database server manager error are damaged Windows, outdated Windows Firewall, and damaged network data files. Although, we can fix this issue by running QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the server computer. In this blog, we will discuss causes and other troubleshooting solutions to resolve the problem.
Do you require advanced troubleshooting to fix QBDBMgrn not running on this computer error? Simply, give a call us on the toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and speak to certified QuickBooks professionals
Reasons why you get QuickBooks Database Server Manager won’t start error?
Factors that lead to QuickBooks Database Server Manager error are as follows:
- Windows Firewall is restricting the multi-user connection to the server.
- Windows Firewall is not updated, and its settings are misconfigured.
- Presence of damaged or corrupted QuickBooks data files.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not running on the main server.
You may read also : QuickBooks online keeps freezing
Most Effective Solutions to Fix QBDBMgrn keeps stopping error
Solution 1. Keep Windows Firewall up-to-date
- Tap the Windows icon and R keys at the same time to open the Run window. When the Run box appears, write Control Panel and open it.
- Within the Control Panel, select the System and Security option.
- Next, choose Windows Firewall and move to the Update your Firewall settings option.
- Click Check for Updates. If updates are available, click over the Update Now button.
- Also, select the Use Recommended Settings option and wait till the download completes.
- Reboot your PC and open QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 2. Repair the QuickBooks Desktop version you use
- Press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time to open the Run window.
- When the Run dialog box appears, type appwiz.cpl and tap the Enter key.
- Find QuickBooks in the list of installed programs and click Uninstall/Change.
- Choose Continue, then Next, and click Repair.
- Wait till the repair completes, then click Finish and restart your Windows.
Solution 3. Run QuickBooks File Doctor from the Tool Hub
- Close the QuickBooks data file and then quit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Go to your Windows Desktop and open your web browser.
- Download the setup file of the newly released QuickBooks Tool Hub version. When prompted, save it to an easily accessible location.
- Open the file, follow the instructions given on the screen, and agree to the terms and conditions to install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub, select the Company File Issues tab, and click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Choose your company file from the drop-down menu and mark the Check your file option.
- Select Continue, enter login details, and click Next.
It’s time to end our blog on the ‘QBDBmgrn not running on this computer’ error. We are hopeful that you will be able to resolve the issue by following the steps discussed above. If you are facing any difficulty, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals.
You may read also : QuickBooks Company File Not Found